
One year ago on this coming Sunday, my dear sweet little boys were born! I remember being full of so much fear for their safety. Reagan had not been passing his not stress tests the last coulple of weeks, and Rylands ultrasound showed that he was not growing the way that he was supposed too. My Dr. induced me at 35 weeks.
Reagan Douglas was born at 6:22 pm weighing in at 4lbs 13 oz. 18 inches long.
They did so well for the first little while, however at about 24 hours Reagan started to struggle. He was having to strain himself realy hard to breath, it looked so painful I remember just wanting to be able to do the breathing for him. The Drs. quickly began runing test and Reagan was diagnosed with Necrotizing Entercolitis (NEC). NEC is an infection in the intestines. It was a very scary time and there were alot of ups and downs but we made it through. Ryland spend 16 day in the NICU and then was able to come home Reagan spend 25 day in the NICU and then our family was complete again! They were well loved by their sisters who were so excited to have babys around! They have been the best big sisters, and they made the transition from 2 to 4 kids so easy on Ryan and I!
They were so fun and good babys. Always making us laugh with their smiles and laughter!

Now my little boys are a year old! They are healthy happy boys! I can't believe how fast has gone by and I still can't believe that we have survived the first year of 4 kids. Reagan is a sweet boy! He is calm and easy going. He will go to anyone and demands little! He can now say DaDa, MaMa. And he just learned to clap! We are so blessed to have him in our family. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday that he is healthy and that we made it through his scare with a mild care compared to what it could have been.
Ryland is my little Tazmanian Devil! He is so full of life and is as fast and busy as can be. He is finding his way into new adventures! He keeps us on our toes that is for sure! He is a daddys boy and if daddy is around that is where you will find him! He can now say Da Da, Ma Ma and BaBa. He can clap his hands and just started giving kisses! I am so thankful for my dear little Taz!
We have truly been blessed by our children and even though two sets of twins isn't exactly how we had our lives planned out I can't imagine my life any other way. Leauna wouldn't be the same with out Lydia, and Reagan wouldn't be the same with out Ryland. I know that there is a reason for everything and they Heavenly Father has a plan. Although I may wonder what he was thinking when he sent these four sweet spirits to me I am truly thankful for them, and thankful to my Heavenly father for trusting me with them. My children fill each and everyday with joy. Happy Birthday Reagan and Ryland I love you!
Reagan Douglas was born at 6:22 pm weighing in at 4lbs 13 oz. 18 inches long.
Ryland is my little Tazmanian Devil! He is so full of life and is as fast and busy as can be. He is finding his way into new adventures! He keeps us on our toes that is for sure! He is a daddys boy and if daddy is around that is where you will find him! He can now say Da Da, Ma Ma and BaBa. He can clap his hands and just started giving kisses! I am so thankful for my dear little Taz!
We have truly been blessed by our children and even though two sets of twins isn't exactly how we had our lives planned out I can't imagine my life any other way. Leauna wouldn't be the same with out Lydia, and Reagan wouldn't be the same with out Ryland. I know that there is a reason for everything and they Heavenly Father has a plan. Although I may wonder what he was thinking when he sent these four sweet spirits to me I am truly thankful for them, and thankful to my Heavenly father for trusting me with them. My children fill each and everyday with joy. Happy Birthday Reagan and Ryland I love you!
(birthday pics. will come later!)
2 comments:
I have the perfect gift idea for Lydia, actually all of the kids. There's a wonderful book, "Purple Puppy" that is a sweet story about a little girl who goes to sleep and dreams that she is a puppy. The book is lots of fun and teaches a great lesson of taking care of animals and being safe. The artwork is beautiful. The book has won several awards. If you write the author, Susan Faith (you can purchase the book online at www.purplepeople.com) she will personalize and sign the book for the kids.
Wow, a whole year has gone by since the boys were born! I'm sure you glad it's now, not then. You're doing great with your not-so-little family! Love the family pictures!
Post a Comment